Sunday, March 31, 2013

Have I achieved my goals? Final reflection

These were the goals I set at the beginning of IB Diploma:

Creativity- Colombo Model United Nations: This is my third year taking part in COMUN and my second year in the excercative comitee. Since next year will be my final year, my ultimate goal is to be Secretary General.- My passion is undoubtably fashion and up until now I've had my own clothing line (in which all the proceeds I recieved were donated towards an orgnization to aid dogs), taken part in fashion shows, etc. My other goal would be to take part in at least two more fashion shows displaying my creative skills. 
Action:- In order to stay fit I will be taking three zumba lessons a week. This will ensure I stay fit and it would also be a healthy break from the IB.
Service :- This is my second year in Cleft Palette and in my senior year I hope to become a leader along with Imran. My goal is to work with him in order to raise more awarness and funds and change the lives of little children. My goal would be to raise Rs. 300,000.


Have i accomplished my goals?

- I achieved my first goal in becoming Secretary General for 2013. This was one of my proudest accomplishments and COMUN 2013 was definitely the best in years! (http://yanika--cas.blogspot.com/2013/03/comun-2013.html) Through the entire process I showered perseverance by going through the ups and downs, dealing with conflicts amongst my peers and faculty and really sticking by COMUN in general whilst trying to make it a success. Through this experience I got to engage with issues of global importance whether it be issues dealing with human trafficking in 2010, issues to do with global warming in 2011, the energy crisis in 2012 and issues of crisis and conflict in 2013. Not only was I exposed to these issues from  a security, economical and humanitarian point of view but I saw these issues from the eyes of a 180 countries. However most of all, I gained a lot of self confidence and developed as a person.
Unfortunately, given that I had to balance my IB, University applications, SAT's and COMUN, I could not complete a fashion show yet at the same time, my interest in fashion did reduce and I have formed new interests throughout the past couple of years such as politics which triggered my to study Political Economy at UC Berkeley.

Action: My actions goals too changed slightly as the Zumba classes clashed with some of my other personal obligations thus I took up yoga. A lady called Malka would come home twice a week and yoga did help me stay in shape to an extent and helped take my mind off things!

Service: One of my goals was achieved in which we raised over Rs. 300,000 for the children through the battle of the bands! This was very special to all of us! The progress from this is evident from the link given (http://yanika--cas.blogspot.com/2012/12/battle-of-bands.html). However, I was not able to make leader and I think this was for the best because I simply would not have the time. However, as a group we did help members in society and helped change their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment